Thursday, August 9, 2012

Our New Nursery

I shared my nursery wish list a few months back.  I'm happy to say after lots of favors from my uber talented family and friends, the enchanted forest is complete and ready for our new arrival.

Sarah die-cut the fawn and squirrel silhouettes using her Silhouette die cutting machine.  Then I adhered them to coral My Mind's Eye patterned paper from my stash.  The frames were originally black with plastic gold mats (from Hobby Lobby).  I added a few layers of white and teal blue paint and they were completely transformed.  We've had the Shokpo curtains since we lived in our condo.  We (a.k.a. Sarah) gave them a quick update by sewing coral ribbon along the top.

I found this fabric at a local fabric store and fell in love.  Sarah combined this pattern with a woodgrain flannel to create a sweet and soft blanket for swaddling and resting over the rocking chair.

My sister-in-law, Cassidy painted the stunning aspen trees on the wall.  I {heart} them!!  The lanterns from IKEA have been in this room since we first moved in our house and I used it as a craft room.  The IKEA mirror has been on my wish list since I saw it several years back.  I finally got it for Christmas from my parents this year, added a coat of paint, and love it hanging above the crib.

This bear was made from one of Dave's mom's shirts.  It matches perfectly and is a sweet reminder of our little one's grandma in heaven.  The pillow is made from the same fabric as the blanket and works in the crib or as a stylish back support in our rocker glider.  The sheet was a Wal-Mart special.  

The birds and quote ("Let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.") are made of vinyl and designed by the talented Kristy at Vineyard Vinyl.  I made a small banner out of ribbon (that matches the curtains) to hang from the magnet/quote board.  The changing pad cover is courtesy of Sarah who no longer needed it now that her little one is potty trained and it just happened to match the room perfectly!

Since I'm slightly OCD and addicted to Excel I can tell you with confidence that this room cost less than $142 to put together (I've got the spreadsheet to prove it).  We already had all the big pieces and all of the labor was donated.

I forgot to take a picture of the closet but it is full of washed and ready clothes and coordinating headbands and bow/flowers to match each ensemble.  I never could have created to many darling accessories if it wasn't for Sarah, Cass, Taryn, and my mom.  Thanks ladies!

Our baby girl will be here in less than a month and Cooper is famous for saying " I want sister out!" at least once a day.  She'll be here soon, Buddy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails