Monday, July 23, 2012

The Nesting Diaries + My Pinterest Round Up

Parentheses ahead. You've been warned!

The countdown to Baby J. 2.0's arrival has begun.  Her room is ready for long, sleepy nights (think positively...right?).  Her closet is full of coordinating flower headbands (thanks Sarah, Cass, Megan, and mom).  And her drawers are full of soft, pink clothes.

In addition to preparing for baby, I've also been prep-ing the house for several months of nonexistent productivity (adjusting to a new babe, recovering from a c-section, and teaching Cooper all about being a big bro).  I've cleaned the ceiling fans (the dust bunnies seemed to be screaming at me the past few weeks), shortened the blind cords (I've been increasingly worried about these since I heard about a little boy who cut off his finger while playing superhero with the blind cords...ouch!), and deep cleaned all the throw pillows and couch cushions.  I eliminated the odd spots that seem to appear on the master bathroom ceiling every few years, tidied up the garage, and cleaned the front door (who knew it was black and not gray?!).

I've been busy in the kitchen...cleaning out the freezers, making meals to fill said freezers, and even creating a meal spreadsheet.  Now all I'll have to do is look at my handy spreadsheet and know exactly what meals are waiting for me, special instructions for cooking, what to serve them with, and when they expire.  I also made 4 brownie mixes for the next time we need a cost efficient and speedy sugar fix.

Dave misplaced his financial calculator a few weeks ago and I used that excuse to search/reorganize all the nooks and crannies in our house.  Take a peek at any spot in our house and you'll like what you see...I dare you!  Oh, I also found the calculator. :)

The basement has been reorganized and the food storage has been stockpiled.  Heck, I even cleaned the lint filter in the dryer with soap and water after reading a billion posts on Pinterest about invisible dryer build-up that will kill your dryer and set your house on fire.

This has always been my mantra, but even more as of late:
Via.

I've also taken the opportunity to try out a few more Pinterest recipes and tips.  These just might change your life.  They all certainly have my seal of approval.

Crispy Cheddar Chicken from Jamie Cooks It Up!.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups from Baker Lady.  
Photo of PB&J with SB&G Flatout Wrap
My new go-to breakfast from Flatout Bread.
Put a wooden spoon over a pot and it won't boil over.  THIS TOTALLY WORKS.  Thanks, A Small Snippet.
Wash berries in a vinegar and water solution to make them last way longer.  The Food Lush blog wasn't lying when they said this would work. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails