Thursday, July 12, 2012

S is for Sister

I went to my 31 1/2 week appointment yesterday.  I've gained a total of 12 lbs. to-date and am measuring right on track.  I also passed my glucose test with flying colors so I don't have to worry about the gestational diabetes this time.  Baby girl is head down and shows no signs of flipping. It doesn't really matter since I'm having another c-section, but I can definitely tell the difference between carrying a breech baby and a head-down baby.  With Cooper I had lots of pressure under my ribs (where his head was) and lots of tailbone pain (where he was sitting cross-legged).  Our little girl is super low so my ribs are unobstructed, but I feel like I've been riding a horse all day.  I now understand why so many pregnant women waddle when they walk. :)

We are seeing the doctor every two weeks now!!  I'm still baffled by how quickly this pregnancy has flown by.  I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions every few hours for the past few months and my body's showing several other signs of preparing itself to take care of a baby.  Yep, Sister (as she's typically called in these parts) will be here before we know it.

This little one is definitely more active than Cooper.  She moves ALL THE TIME!  I don't mind, but it's certainly noticeable.  Dave's theory is Cooper didn't wiggle enough when I was pregnant with him so he's making up for lost time now.  We're hoping our baby girl is taking advantage of her current uninterrupted wiggle time so she'll be a little more mellow when she's born.  Hey, parents can hope...right!

Other noticeable pregnancy differences include heartburn and hiccups.  I had a little bit of heartburn with Cooper -- nothing a few Tums couldn't fix.  With Baby J. 2.0 I've had killer heartburn for the past few weeks.  I take my daily allowance of Tums plus a pill and I still have to sleep upright half the time.  We'll see if the baby book is right...heartburn = a baby with lots of hair.  Cooper also had hiccups multiple times a day.  I think I can count on one hand the number of times this little girl has been bouncing around with a case of the hicc-er-uppers!

The past couple days have been productive and the more I get ready for baby, the more my trepidation is replaced with excitement.  I'd love to have her look like a girly-er carbon copy of her brother but I also think she'll be darling if she looks like her own little person.  No matter how she looks, she's going to be one loved little peanut!

I've been terrible at taking belly shots, but here's a goodie of the Coop-ster and me.  We went to lunch this week with P.K. , Megan, and Maggie at one of Cooper's favorite spots. 
We've been doing a lot of this at our house lately.  Cooper clearly doesn't seem to mind the baby bump!


P.S. On a fairly unrelated note, I purchased a demi cami from DownEast earlier this summer and it has been amazing!  I would highly recommend this to anyone who is preggers in the summer or who just wants to stay cool and avoid any unnecessary layering in the sweltering heat.  Anyway, just thought I'd share...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails