Tuesday, June 5, 2012

26 Weeks (a.k.a. 6 months along)

It's hard to believe this baby will be born in less than three months!  The time has flown by and it feels like just yesterday that Dave and I were looking at a positive pregnancy test.

I really haven't had any morning sickness and I'm past the extreme fatigue stage.  I had headaches for the first couple of months but I was able to control them with a prescription from my doctor.  I've felt moodier and paranoid with baby number two which is frustrating because that's not like me.  I've also had lots of heartburn (more than with Coop).  The back and tailbone pain has returned the last few weeks.  I was hoping I'd survive pregnancy numero dos without the use of my trusty inflatable donut but I don't think I'll be so lucky.

All that being said...I've been very fortunate.  This has been an easy pregnancy with manageable symptoms.  I'm very blessed to feel healthy and strong especially when I have another little one at home I have to take care of.

My weight has fluctuated over the past few months.  At our 19 week appointment I had only gained 2 1/2 pounds.  I know most women would love these small pregnancy pounds, but they were admittedly freaking me out (especially since I hadn't been sick so I didn't have a good reason for the small weigh gain).  The doctor assured me that all was well and sure enough, I gained an additional 6 1/2 pounds by my 23 week appointment.

I felt the baby move at 13 weeks (which sounds crazy, but the doctor said it's very possible) and then I felt nothing which only added to my paranoia.  Luckily, I started feeling her move on a regular basis around 21 weeks.  Early in week 24, she was moving so much that I could see my stomach move as she practiced her in-utero ballet moves.  It was also around 21 weeks that my abdominal muscles decided to give into peer pressure and my baby bump officially popped out.  I finally look pregnant although I'm still convinced that half of my weigh gain is several inches north of my belly and divided by two ;) .  

I'm lucky in every way.  I have an amazing husband, a healthy little boy, and a growing baby girl that will be smothered (figuratively and literally with Cooper around) with love in a matter of months.

Here's the first of our baby bump shots.  I'm 24 weeks along in this pic.

Posing for a picture at Wheeler Farm. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails