Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer Wreath for Only $1 + a Recipe

Several weeks ago I got together with the usual suspects for a little wreath-making activity.  We were inspired by a wreath we saw on Studio 5, made my Tausha.  These wreaths were fun to make and very inexpensive.

We used pool noodles (duct-taped into circles) from the dollar store to create our base and Sarah had a bazillion scraps of fabric and trim so the total price for my wreath was a whopping $1!  All you do is hot glue fabric around your noodle.  Then embellish with flower trim, lace, and tulle.  I also made a few fabric flowers using the same technique as I did here with crepe paper.

Forgive me for the harsh mid-day lighting, but a momma's got to take take pictures when her little one is napping and the lighting doesn't always cooperate. 

Handmade fabric and lace flowers combined with store bought lace trim. 

If making your own wreath works up your appetite, might I suggest this yummy recipe from the All Things Simple blog.  I found this recipe for Monterey Chicken via Pinterest and it's wonderful.  But be warned...it has a bit of a kick to it!

Chicken: It's What's for Dinner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails