Thursday, May 10, 2012

Freezer Meals

After finishing up my last writing assignment I totally checked out of productivity mode.  Cooper and I spent a few days playing with friends, shopping with Tam Tam, and vegging out in our pjs.  It was perfect.  Then I remembered I only had a few short weeks before I'd have another writing deadline looming and I had a long list of things I wanted to get done beforehand.

Since I've been pregnant I've totally lost the desire to cook.  It's not that I've been sick or even averse to smells, I just haven't had the desire to decide what to cook, let alone prepare it.  Luckily, my parents have had Cooper and me over to their house a lot while Dave works late and studies.  We've also survived on lots of Pasta Roni, grilled cheese, and cereal.  So after our play break I decided to get back to work and make some freezer meals to tie us over for a bit.

In one afternoon (I almost got everything done while Cooper napped) I made the following meals:

Cheeseburger Meatloaf (x2)
101_2644
Recipe found at Money Saving Mom
    
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos with make and freeze for later instructions.
Recipe found at Pennies on a Platter

Mini Chicken Pot Pies (x2)
Mini chicken pot pies made w/ Bisquick.
Recipe found at Betty Crocker


I used the Baking Mixture recipe found on the Betty Crocker web site for the pot pies, but came up with my own filling (cooked chicken, carrots, peas, green onions, cheese, onion powder, garlic, and a 1/4 cup of cream of chicken soup).  I've made all of these recipes before with the exception of the meatloaf.  I can attest that the taquitos and pot pies are delish.  I'm taking a gamble on the meatloaf.

Everything is now safely in our freezer until I decide I just can't muster up the motivation to cook (I predict they'll last 1 week).  :)  

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails