Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dinner & a (Play) Date

I was admittedly reluctant to join Pinterest, but I must admit that I love it.  I'm not a crazy pinner, and I rarely look at it on the computer (it's mainly an iPhone activity), but I've gotten lots of good ideas from this awesome link-sharing web site.  I recently took a stab at Asian cooking and it was a big hit.  I made Fried Rice and Sweet and Sour Chicken.  Dave and I were both surprised how much it tasted like real Chinese take-out.  Make it, eat it, and I promise you'll enjoy it!

  

Once dinner was taken care of, I needed an activity for Cooper's play group.  I found these DIY bird feeders and thought they'd be perfect for 5 two year olds. 


Our bird feeders didn't turn out quite so picturesque, and several handfuls of seeds were eaten, but the kids were entertained for a good 5-10 minutes.  Hey, every little bit of entertainment helps!  Give this springtime project a whirl.  It's simple, fun, and fairly practical. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails