...hola mi amigos! Today I'm guest blogging at the Wood Connection blog and super stoked to be sharing some of my most recent projects. I made three projects using their awesome photo blocks and finials. For all the details make sure you pop over to their blog and check everything out.
|A sneak peek of my Wood Connection projects.|
If you're coming here from the Wood Connection blog, welcome. I'm a self-professed bargain hunter (however, I prefer the term "stylish saver") and I love making home decor items for myself and others, cooking simple meals for my family, and traveling with my handsome husband and two year old son (baby no. 2 is due in September).
I thought it might be fun to share a few more tips to help you create the projects I showed on the Wood Connection blog. Below, for your reading pleasure...
* If you're putting your embellished photo block on a delicate surface, adhere a thin piece of felt to the bottom to help avoid any potential furniture scratches.
* Heat-set the ribbon you tie to your finial. Grosgrain and satin ribbon can snag and pull, but swiping the ends over a flame (I use a lighter) seals the ribbon perfectly.
* Make your custom subway art using Microsoft Word. Create a text box to match your finished size; add color to box. Then add individual text boxes over the main text box. Type your words and select your fonts, sizes, and colors.
* You can also adjust the outline color of your words so experiment and have fun!
* When hot gluing yarn to your block run a thin line of glue and then lay your yarn over the top. Be careful not to press the yarn down too abruptly because you'll end up with lots of glue globs and they're not very cute.
* Once you've adhered a good section of yarn to your block, begin adding your second color. Don't cut off the first color, just adhere the new color over the top of it (you'll see a little of the overlapping in the back). Alternate between your two colors 4 times. Then wrap a small section of the second color and wrap one final section of the first color (see photo below). Once this is complete, you can trim off the first color. Repeat for remaining colors.
The fabulous folks at the Wood Connection gave me a $25 gift certificate to share with my blog readers. I have several ways to enter:
1. Become a follower of Just Our Style.
2. Become a follower of the Wood Connection blog.
3. Pin a project on Just Our Style or the Wood Connection blog.
4. Leave a comment on the Wood Connection blog saying which of my three projects you like best.
5. Share a link to this giveaway blog post on your Facebook account.
Leave a comment letting me know what you've done. You can enter 5 separate times. I'll pick a winner this Thursday (March 29) so make sure you check back!
Thanks for stopping by and thank you Wood Connection for your generosity!