Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gettin' Crafty with Wooden Photo Plaques

It's been a while since I've shared a craft project with y'all.  This summer has been full of work, outings with the kiddo and Tam Tam, and lots of un-blog-worthy household activities.  That is until...

Taryn gave me a darling photo plaque and regenerated my creative mojo.
My mom went to The Wood Connection and bought all the supplies.
Krista helped turn our supplies into something lovely.
All the while, I helped here and there and offered the worker bees beverages as needed. :)  I'm only partially kidding.  I did in fact create a photo plaque for myself.

Here's what you'll need for this project:

Paint, wood glue, a wood plaque and knob, sandpaper, a photo, and clear texture paint.
Paint your wood block and knob.


Sand the edges.


Adhere your photo. You can use a family picture or anything that tickles your fancy.


Once the photo is well adhered and dry, apply a coat of clear texture paint over the entire front surface.

  
This is Krista's final project.  She added the fun teal ribbon to match her room.


This is my final project next to Taryn's lovely gift.


This project is super simple and a great way to show off your favorite photos.  The texture paint adds a fun extra layer and as you can see, you can embellish your plaque in a variety of ways. This little ditty only cost $5 and we have oodles of paint and glue left.

For more crafty ideas check out these fab sites!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails